The Smilegate-developed, Amazon-operated MMO Lost Ark has received off to a really robust begin, peaking at greater than 500,000 concurrent gamers on Steam. Sadly, that is resulted in lengthy queue instances on some servers, and in response the builders have positioned a restrict on character creation by new gamers on these servers.
Current gamers on the impacted servers will nonetheless be capable to create new characters for his or her roster, however new gamers is not going to be allowed to affix or create characters on them. Restricted servers embody:
A timeframe for the character creation restrict wasn’t set, however the Misplaced Ark workforce stated it is going to be in place “for the foreseeable future.” Extra servers, starting with one in EU Central (Beatrice) and one in NA East (Elzowin) can be rolled out.
“Whereas now we have been excited to see the wonderful response and assist surrounding Misplaced Ark’s Head Begin, we all know that the server and queue scenario has been irritating for a lot of gamers,” Misplaced Ark group supervisor Roxx wrote. “Our workforce is actively working to assist mitigate these points forward of our free-to-play launch on Friday. Whereas limiting character creation and opening new servers is only one small a part of addressing this advanced scenario, we may have extra details about the a number of steps we’re taking out there for gamers later right this moment.”
Misplaced Ark was taken offline at 8 am ET right this moment for a hotfix, with downtime estimated at as much as 4 hours. The replace is geared toward addressing the next points:
- Mounted space chat, which now will permit all gamers to speak to different gamers in a given space.
- Fusion Materials rewards from the Welcome Problem have been elevated to raised assist participant development.
- Mari’s Secret Retailer will now show the regional server time as a substitute of UTC.
- Mounted quest dialog UI to keep away from textual content overlap on sure 4K resolutions.
- Participant names will now not be proven as “Unknown Participant” in Voice Chat UI.
- The phrases “Royal Crystals” and “Crystalline Aura” are actually displaying in non-English languages within the Steam overlay when finalizing a transaction.
- Mounted the title “Nightmare” which was displaying as clean.
- World bosses now drop the right gear for the Martial Artist lessons.
- Added an choice for Voice Over on the Character Choice display.
- Sorceress audio now performs when enjoying in a non-English language.
- All lessons now have audio when utilizing voices 2, 3, or 4 in a non-English language.
- VO is now current within the “Stronghold Ceremony” quest cinematic.
- VO has been added for Kazeros within the “With Gratitude” quest cinematic.