The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences’ twenty fifth annual DICE Awards came about yesterday, and among the many large winners have been Hazelight’s It Takes Two and present man-of-the-gaming-moment Phil Spencer, who obtained a lifetime achievement award. In case you are curious, DICE stands for Design, Innovate, Talk, Entertain.
There are numerous awards: I will put the complete listing beneath, however the biggies are most likely It Takes Two scooping each Recreation of the Yr and Excellent Achievement in Recreation Design. Deathloop obtained Excellent Achievement in Recreation Route, which sounds slightly much like the latter, whereas Halo Infinite bagged each Motion and On-line Recreation of the Yr. Age of Empires 4 scored the perfect technique/simulation title, whereas Forza Horizon 5 bought Racing Recreation of the Yr. There was a bit of affection for Unpacking, too, which obtained the Excellent Achievement for an Indie Recreation award.
- Recreation of the Yr—It Takes Two (Hazelight)
- Excellent Achievement in Recreation Design—It Takes Two (Hazelight)
- Excellent Achievement in Recreation Route—Deathloop (Arkane Studios)
- Motion Recreation of the Yr—Halo Infinite (343 Industries)
- On-line Recreation of the Yr—Halo Infinite (343 Industries)
- Excellent Achievement for an Impartial Recreation—Unpacking (Witch Beam)
- Excellent Achievement in Animation—Ratchet & Clank: Rift Aside (Insomniac Video games)
- Excellent Achievement in Artwork Route—Ratchet & Clank: Rift Aside (Insomniac Video games)
- Excellent Technical Achievement—Ratchet & Clank: Rift Aside (Insomniac Video games)
- Household Recreation of the Yr—Ratchet & Clank: Rift Aside (Insomniac Video games)
- Excellent Achievement in Unique Music Composition—Returnal (Housemarque)
- Excellent Achievement in Audio Design—Returnal (Housemarque)
- Excellent Achievement in Story—Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (Sq. Enix)
- Journey Recreation of the Yr—Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (Sq. Enix)
- Preventing Recreation of the Yr—Responsible Gear Attempt (Arc System Works)
- Racing Recreation of the Yr—Forza Horizon 5 (Playground Video games)
- Position-Enjoying Recreation of the Yr—Remaining Fantasy XIV: Endwalker (Sq. Enix)
- Sports activities Recreation of the Yr—Mario Golf: Tremendous Rush (Camelot/Nintendo)
- Technique/Simulation Recreation of the Yr—Age of Empires IV (World’s Edge/Microsoft)
- Immersive Actuality Technical Achievement—Lone Echo II (Prepared at Daybreak)
- Immersive Actuality Recreation of the Yr—Lone Echo II (Prepared at Daybreak)
- Cell Recreation of the Yr—Pokémon Unite (TiMi Studio)
- Excellent Achievement in Character—Resident Evil Village – Girl Dimitrescu
In any case the sport awards, focus switched to the folks. Xbox chief Phil Spencer obtained DICE’s lifetime achievement award, whereas Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon was inducted into the DICE Corridor of Fame. Recover from right here Ed!
Hazelight founder and It Takes Two author and director Josef Fares saved his response to the sport’s newest success quick and candy:
That is unimaginable, thanks a lot😭🙏❤️ https://t.co/8unt72oPlrFebruary 25, 2022
It Takes Two has been an enormous hit for Hazelight and EA, selling over 5 million copies and receiving many awards, together with biggies like The Game Awards’ game of the year. Our review highlighted the sport’s sheer imaginative selection: “All through my time with It Takes Two, my associate and I’ve tinkered with time inside a cuckoo clock, escaped from a lair of ferocious moles, traveled on the again of a large ghostly catfish, and had a fistfight with a squirrel on prime of a flying aircraft—and that is not the half (quarter, fifth or sixth) of it.”
The DICE award recognitions are one other enormous vindication for the studio, and Fares personally, who has been pushing for contemporary methods of serious about co-op for a few years with the likes of Brothers and A Means Out.