With Age of Empires IV’s first ever ranked season ending in a couple of quick days on June thirtieth, we thought it was nearly time to have fun! So we come bearing the present of reports – together with an replace on Season Two, first talked about in our put up here, in addition to a fast overview of what we’ve heard from you prior to now few months and the way we plan to motion on what we’ve heard in Season Three, tentatively deliberate for the October/November timeframe!
Earlier than we get began on that, nevertheless, we needed to say an enormous thanks to every one in every of our gamers who participated in Season One: Competition of Ages over the previous few months. Whether or not you’ve been battling your solution to Conqueror within the ranked ladder, amassing rewards with our Seasonal Occasions, or crafting mods for your self and others to take pleasure in.
Not solely has our modding neighborhood revealed a couple of thousand mods for the reason that Season One replace was launched on April 7th, however we’ve additionally had greater than 42,000 rivals make their mark on the ranked season one leaderboard. Stick with it – we recognize your ardour and can proceed listening to your suggestions on tips on how to additional enhance the Age IV expertise!
Season Two: Simply on the Horizon
We shared just a little bit about Season Two again in March, and we’re right here right now to say that options just like the Map Desire System, Totally Remappable Inputs, and Participant Coloration Picker are on their approach in July… together with a couple of different thrilling adjustments!
These of you who participated in our current Public Replace Preview might have already had the prospect to check a few of these options out (and thanks for the suggestions, by the best way!). Right here’s an outline of a few of what you’ll be able to count on:
- Introducing the Participant Coloration Picker! You requested it, and it’s nearly right here. With this new setting, gamers can select a shade or have a shade randomly assigned firstly a match that may floor in-game and on the mini-map in single-player skirmish, multiplayer customized matches, fast matches and ranked matches.
- Primarily based in your suggestions, we’ve continued to refine hotkeysto make sure you’re capable of customise and play as you want. In Season Two, we’ll be introducing the brand new Totally Remappable Hotkey structure, together with making adjustments to how hotkey conflicts work and reorganizing remapping menus so hotkeys are simpler to seek out.
- For a while, we now have heard neighborhood requests for a solution to give gamers a say over the maps they play in Fast Play and Ranked multiplayer matches. With this replace, we’re including our first model of a Map Desire System that provides you with affect over the maps that you’ll encounter in ladder play. When the Season Two replace releases, we’ll be sharing FAQs and different particulars additional outlining how the system works!
- Talking of maps, we’ll be introducing a model new map in Season Two, known as The Pit! This map has a aggressive focus with a largely open structure.
We’ll have extra to share within the coming weeks, together with important steadiness adjustments, new Seasonal Occasion rewards and our Season Two theme!
With all this and extra coming to Age of Empires IV very quickly, it’s the right time to hitch in on the enjoyable! Age IV is featured within the Steam Summer time Sale beginning right now, June 23rd, and in addition out there with PC Sport Cross or Final.
Season Three: What’s Nonetheless to Come
At first of Season One, we despatched out a participant survey asking rather a lot of questions on how our gamers felt concerning the replace and requesting steerage on our subsequent steps. In some circumstances, your responses validated some work we already had underway (such because the Map Desire System), and in different circumstances, your responses helped us change our priorities.
One factor we discovered is we now have quite a lot of gamers who like ranked in concept however would like to take pleasure in with others. On account of that suggestions, we made it a precedence to introduce our first iteration of Staff Ranked in Season Three. We’ll discover another significant adjustments to Ranked based mostly on different learnings ensuing from the survey, and we’ve additionally began early discussions on what we will do to offer extra alternatives to permit gamers to take pleasure in Age IV in additional social and fewer aggressive methods.
We’ll even be trying to introduce two options you’ve been asking after for some time: Taunts and Cheats! Whereas our start line with Taunts and Cheats is closely impressed by what you’ve seen and skilled in earlier Age titles, we’ll be trying to develop upon this area as we go. With regards to Cheats, we’ll offer up a few of what you’ve seen prior to now, in addition to some new issues – each purposeful and playful. With regards to distinctive models, we count on we’ll be asking you on your enter as soon as our first providing of Cheats releases so we will proceed to entertain.
And naturally, it goes with out saying that that is only a small peek at what’s to come back. There’s rather a lot extra we count on to share with you as we get nearer to Season Three.
Inform Us How We’re Doing
We’ve been asking on your suggestions constantly since earlier than the launch of Age of Empires IV, and we don’t plan on stopping but! Right here’s a fast reminder on how one can assist form our course:
- Within the short-term, share your ideas in our official Age forums!
- Our Season Two Public Replace Preview (PUP) ended just lately, however we’re planning for much more of those! Grow to be an Age Insider to remain up-to-date on when the subsequent PUP is coming.
- When you favored the sound of the Season One survey, don’t fear: We did, too! We discovered this to be a strong instrument for listening to from all of you; we discovered rather a lot out of your suggestions and are persevering with to make plans based mostly on what you mentioned, past what we’ve coated on this put up. To make sure we proceed listening to from you all, we’ll be sending out one other survey shortly after the discharge of the Season Two replace. Be sure to inform us how you are feeling concerning the new options and content material and what you’d prefer to see extra of sooner or later.