Fall Guys went free to play (opens in new tab) final week, a change that additionally noticed it go away Steam and grow to be an Epic Video games Retailer unique. Regardless of that change in storefronts, the Fall Guys participant depend on Steam noticed an enormous spike too—practically 5 instances as many concurrent gamers at its peak as within the earlier month. Unsurprisingly, it is also doing fairly effectively on Epic, which set a brand new report for lively gamers on June 21, the day Fall Guys went free.
“An enormous week for Fall Guys with greater than 2x their earlier PC CCU report, contributing to a report variety of lively gamers for the shop final Tuesday,” Epic tweeted. “Thanks to all the brand new beans! At all times stumbling, by no means not stumbling.”
An enormous week for @FallGuysGame with greater than 2x their earlier PC CCU report, contributing to a report variety of lively gamers for the shop final Tuesday 🎉Thanks to all the brand new beans! At all times stumbling, by no means not stumbling. https://t.co/71DClYRKEiJune 25, 2022
Epic clarified that the “report variety of lively gamers” refers back to the cumulative variety of lively gamers on the storefront over the course of the day, and that Fall Guys “strongly” contributed to the whole.
Participant numbers for particular person video games on the Epic Retailer aren’t available, however fortuitously they’re on Steam, which permits us to attract some affordable conclusions. In response to Steamcharts (opens in new tab), the all-time peak concurrent participant depend for Fall Guys on Steam is 172,026, which conservatively places the whole quantity at 350,000 on Tuesday. It is unattainable to say whether or not or not that features gamers on Steam, however both approach it is awfully wholesome.
Talking of which, Fall Guys is continuous to bang on Steam too, regardless of not being obtainable for buy there, reaching a peak concurrent participant depend of greater than 56,500 at the moment. Mediatonic mentioned that each one advised, Fall Guys racked up 20 million whole gamers over the primary two days after going free to play.
That type of sudden uptick in gamers is sure to result in a number of challenges, and Mediatonic continues to be rolling out updates to deal with the brand new load. The most recent, which went out earlier at the moment, makes the next modifications:
🔧Mounted some graphical corruptions on respawn VFX🔧Mounted difficulty with controller inputs not persistently being recorded after the bind button pop-up seems🔧Mounted difficulty inflicting different participant’s Beans animations to grow to be caught throughout gameplayJune 27, 2022
- PS5 Gamers will now have the ability to get into video games while in a Celebration! wooooooooo!
- Groups will now not spawn in the identical place on Staff Rounds
- Mounted visible difficulty with Spawn FX on Nintendo Change
- Mounted visible difficulty with Lilypad results on Nintendo Change
- Mounted buttons not engaged on Main Gentle
- Mounted some static intro cameras
- Mounted difficulty with Airtime and Candy Thieves intro cams not following the supposed path
- Mounted some invisible tiles loading in on Hex-a-Gone
- Mounted bug which precipitated Celebration members to remain in queue, regardless of a brand new participant becoming a member of the celebration
- Mounted difficulty which precipitated a freeze when altering controller throughout bindings
- Mounted visible difficulty when grabbing on a turntable
- Mounted grabbed Beans not following the motion of cell platforms
- Mounted padlock not being faraway from Season Cross as soon as purchased
- Mounted some graphical corruptions on respawn VFX
- Mounted difficulty with controller inputs not persistently being recorded after the bind button pop-up seems
- Mounted difficulty inflicting different participant’s Beans animations to grow to be caught throughout gameplay
- Mounted bug which prevented gamers from listening to celebration members in Voice Chat
Sadly, Mediatonic needed to disable the Each day Retailer whereas it really works on some persistent points, however mentioned it ought to be again on-line ASAP.