Studying issues and getting smarter is often a trigger for celebration, however within the case of Kelvin, everybody’s favourite Sons of the Forest (opens in new tab) flunkie, it is having the alternative impact: A current patch gave him a much bigger mind, and a few gamers don’t prefer it.
Lauren Morton lately declared Kelvin “the new best boy of videogames (opens in new tab)” due to his cute mix of energetic industriousness, childlike friendliness, and, properly, let’s name it not-fully-developed problem-solving abilities.
“Kelvin is just not a canine. He isn’t a toddler,” Lauren wrote about her greatest digital pal. “However my buddies and I’ve been cheering on each one in all his little feats as if he had been. He runs with small, fast-paced little steps. He tosses objects you request precisely the place he is advised (what a sensible boy). He smiles in a dazed, happy-to-be-here approach, and have a look at how good he’s at fishing.”
However the first patch for Sons of the Forest smoothed out a few of these charmingly tough edges. From the patch notes (opens in new tab):
- Kelvin catch fish order will finish after a time
- Mounted Kelvin reducing down timber with participant buildings connected
- Mounted Kelvin dropping radios destroying the radio
Individually, these are comparatively minor factors, and even apparent enhancements. I imply, when you inform Kelvin you want some logs, and he runs off and chops down a tree you simply constructed a treehouse into, properly… What the hell, Kelvin?
However as GamesRadar (opens in new tab) seen, fairly just a few Sons of the Forest gamers on Reddit (opens in new tab) aren’t comfortable concerning the improve. They favored slightly-gormless-but-deeply-devoted Kelvin, the boy who actually tried his greatest at all the things, and now that he is higher at issues… he is simply not so good anymore.
(opens in new tab)
Others shared comparable ideas within the replies (opens in new tab):
- “Kelvin is not Kelvin anymore” – art_syber
- “That is going to get an entire lot of kelvins killed” – ChalupaPickle
- “He was sooo good at getting logs” – Eisenfuss19
- “I hate Kelvin now” – Monetary-Look-1155
- “Okay that’s it im changing kelvin, subsequent cannibal that walks within the gate is my new companion” – Potato_Dealership
- “I imply, I at all times discovered his clumsy AI to be immersive as a result of you already know he’s acquired mind harm” – Various_Ask_8727
- “They want a toggle possibility. Like ‘Clumsy Kelvin’ vs. ‘Intelligent Kelvin’ that folks can change between” – PurdyDeadly
I can perceive the response. In some methods, Kelvin jogs my memory of my dog (opens in new tab): Stuffed with loyalty and love, and considerably much less blessed with brains. Would I make her “smarter” if I might? Generally I want she was slightly brighter, positive, however there’s one thing undeniably endearing a couple of large woman who does her goddamn degree greatest even when she has no thought what is going on on round her. (Which is more often than not.) Kelvin is not a canine, as Lauren stated, however he undoubtedly has an identical sort of chaotic vitality.
(opens in new tab)
Sons of the Forest developer Endnight Video games hasn’t but responded to the disenchanted Kelvin followers, or indicated that it would do a Flowers for Algernon on him to place him again to his authentic state. I’ve reached out to the studio to ask (I’m nothing if not thorough) and can replace if I obtain a reply.